Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Character Change

               Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill by James Patterson is about   a boy named Rafe Katchadorian who tries to survive his 8 week sleep away camp. It's not just summer camp. It's summer school camp. Character change helps show their feelings change towards other characters.
               In the book Rafe says, "It was true that I couldn't wait to get away from Georgia, even if we would just be on two sides of the same camp but now that Mom and Grandma were about to take off, some teeny, tiny part of me was glad that Georgia would be around. I don't know why. I just was." All of a sudden Rafe's feelings about Georgia change because he knows that even though he doesnt have his mom, he has Georgia by his side. 
              Character change made me think deeper about how people change in real life. Sometimes characters can change based on how they react towards other people after a long period of time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment