Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brooklyn Bulldogs vs. Huskies


It was 3:35 pm when I leaped into my car. My mom asked me how my day was and gave me her phone. I took the phone and looked at the screen. It was an email from the Brooklyn Bulldogs Travel Baseball Organization. They wanted me to come and join their team . I would have to make the decision of leaving the SFX Huskies, a team I had been on since I was 8 years old.
          I couldn’t believe the Bulldogs wanted me. A few years ago, my dad told me that other teams are going to start looking at my skills and watching me play and are going to want me on their teams. The time had finally come.
         After I read the email, I looked at my mom indecisively. 
       “What should I do?” asked her. 
       “I can’t make that decision. It’s your life.” She responded. 
         Later on, when told my dad that I was thinking about joining the Bulldog his eyes were wide open and his jaw dropped to his knees. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.  After about 20 minutes of thinking he  told me that I had to make my own decision.  
          The next day, as I was walking to school, I saw all of my friends wearing Brooklyn Bulldogs hoodies. I felt like I was the only Husky, in a park full of Bulldogs. I felt like I had to be a Bulldog like everyone else. Would the Bulldogs help me get into a good high school?
          As I thought about my decision. I started to remember all the great times I had with my current team, the SFX huskies. The players, the coaches and the even the parents. The Huskies were my family.
        It was now between the Huskies and the Bulldogs.. In the e-mail, it said that the coaches from the Bulldogs had connections with Poly Prep, Xaverian, Midwood, Berkley Carroll all have great high schools baseball teams that would like to play for. I don’t know if staying with the Huskies will help me get into these great high schools.
       I’ve made the decision to go the Brooklyn Bulldogs. Even though the Huskies are my family, I have to pick the team that will help me get into a good high school. When I made this decision, I knew I wan’t a kid anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment