Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Literary Device- Meaningful Dialogue

                Middle School: How I Survived, Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill by James Patterson is about a boy named Rafe Katchadorian who is a younger sister named Georgia. He tries to a way to survive his 8 week sleep away  camp. Its not just an old summer camp where u learn how to make a camp fire and swim in lakes. It's a summer school camp.  I think Rafe loves georgia but sometimes he can't stand her.
                 One thing that Rafe says in the story is, "Okay, one more more little bit of truth here. It was true that i couldn't wait to get away from Georgia, even if we would just be on two sides of  the same camp. But now that Mom and Grandma were about to take off, some,teeny, tiny part of me was glad that Georgia would be around. I don't know why. I was just." This means the Rafe feels  certain way knowing that even though he'll be away from his mom he'll still have Georgia.
                Another thing that Rafe says is, "The good news was that we had a whole lake between, the boys' side and the girl side. If I was lucky, I'd hardly see Georgia at all for the whole eight weeks. It almost made the summer-school thing worth it." This means that even he loves Georgia, he can't stand her.
               Another quote that Rafe says is "Georgia had packed about eight weeks in advance, checked her list 40 times, and then made a copy of the list to make sure she wouldn't lose it,,, and double checked that too. Ny sister may be smart but she's also nuttier that squirrel's nest on the first day of winter." For a person who dislikes his sister, really talks a lot about her.
               This claim connects to me personally because i have a younger sibling like Rafe. I know how it feels to be annoyed at my younger sibling. Even though  my younger brother is annoying, I still love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment